We are once again putting together a summer program to gather in person, to meet our new members and our new neighbors around the lake. Our first event of the season is coming up quickly. Don’t miss this special afternoon to meet your neighbours…
BLA Family Social
July 15th from 2pm to 5pm at the cottage of Marni & Tal Lewinger
Address: 1043 Scout Trail
- Please BYOB, an appetizer or dessert & chairs (if you wish), Drinking water is supplied
- No boat parking is available due to submerged rocks in the cove and around the dock, but you may come by canoe or kayak and “park” on the beach
- Car parking will be along Scout Trail
- You are welcome to bring your weekend guests. There will be some games for the kids to play
Brandy Lights Flotilla
Saturday, August 5th at 8:15 pm (weather permitting)
- Everyone welcome including guests, even pets and especially children.
- Last year kids were very engaged and enthusiastic, both onboard and onshore.
- Have them participate by dressing up or by helping you decorate your boat or shoreline.
- All you’re required to do is decorate your watercraft and/or shoreline with any and all themes of lights you have available.
- The best & most creative watercraft will win a prize and of course be acclaimed in all of our follow up communications.
- The plan is for everyone to congregate around (not too close) to the two markers in the large bay at 8:15 p.m.
- At approximately 8:30 p.m., we will proceed slowly around the lake as a Flotilla of lights, music and laughter. Again, if you cannot participate on the lake, we encourage you to do so by lighting up your shoreline and/or cottage and joining us on your dock, as many did last year.
- We only insist that everyone abide by Ontario laws, good boating practices and etiquette, operating in a safe and respectful manner, slowly and mindful of your surroundings and the health and welfare of all involved.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We will be communicating updates by email and Facebook closer to the event.
Hope you can join us!
Brandy Lake Association Annual General Meeting
August 24th, 2023 at Port Carling Community Center
Speaker at 9am
AGM meeting 10am
- This year’s speaker will be Cheryl Harrison, President and CEO of Muskoka Algonquin Health Care
(MAHC). She will update us on the plans for the two new hospitals in Muskoka, and will be joined
by Dan Brooks, Chair of the Board of Directors of the South Muskoka Hospital Foundation (SMHF).
- We will also have our BLA Environment Director Kevin Trimble provide an update on the Integrated Watershed Management project for Muskoka and why it is important to us here on Brandy Lake as part of his annual Environmental update.